Easy Chocolate Chip Bar Recipe
This Chocolate Chip Bar Recipe is really just my delicious easy chocolate chip cookie recipe baked in a big pan and sliced. It does not need to be any more complicated than that.
Something you could do to finish this slice is to pour melted chocolate over the cooled bar before slicing - sounds great I think I will make this, when I do I will put up a photograph.
I just have to mention to save any confusion a bar and a slice are the same thing, it just depends where in the world you are from. Some of us call them slices others bars.
Please read through my chocolate chip slice recipe first before starting.
If you have any questions concerning imperial/metric conversions you will find the answers on my Baking Conversions page.
If you have any questions concerning baking terms used you will find the answers on my Baking Glossary page.
Chocolate Chip Bar Recipe
Makes one 22cm x 32cm slice. Can be cut into any portion size you like.
125g butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
The oven should be preheated to 160C (325F).
- Grease and line with non-stick baking paper a 22cm x 32cm baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter, sugar, baking powder, bi-carb soda and vanilla extract.
- On low speed beat until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl down.
- Beat in the egg until combined and scrape down.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Press the mix into the base of the pan. This can be easier to do with wet finger tips. Press until level. Do not push too hard.
- Bake in a preheated oven set to 160oC (325oF) for 15-18 minutes. The chocolate chip cokie bar is ready when it is a light golden colour.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- The slice will collapse slightly on cooling.
- When the chocolate chip slice has cooled cut into your choice of portion size. For a clean cut clean the knife between cuts.
- Store in an airtight container for one week. The bars can be frozen for up to two months.
Of course you can use any chocolate chips you like even nuts make a delicious addition.
For more variation ideas see my easy chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I have more chocolate slice recipes for you to try and like all my recipes at Inspired by Chocolate and Cakes I try to include simple variations.
Just like this chocolate peppermint slice. It's an old favourite that I feel could do with a make-over. As you can see these bite sized mint bars are going to be a hit! Click here to enjoy.