Chocolate Cream Recipe
"A simple way to top and fill a cake"
A delicious chocolate cream recipe, just when you think you can't add any more chocolate to your desserts
- A simple way to top and fill your cakes.
- Serve with your chocolate desserts as an extra decadence and a little bit of difference from the usual whipped cream.
- Top chocolate scones.
- Fill a chocolate pavlova.
- Decorate iced and hot chocolate drinks.
Please read through the recipe for chocolate cream first before starting.
If you have any questions concerning imperial/metric conversions you will find the answers on my Baking Conversions page.
If you have any questions concerning baking terms used you will find the answers on my Baking Glossary page.
600mls thickened cream
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
1 tablespoon icing sugar, sifted
- Add the ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk/beat until soft peaks are formed.
- Do not over beat the cream or it will breakdown.
- The chocolate cream filling needs to be refrigerated.
- The cream will darken slightly on standing.
Do you need other ideas for chocolate fillings and toppings ? I have put together a collection of recipes for buttercream, icing, frosting, truffle filling etc all with photographs to inspire you.