Chocolate No Bake Cookies
"Just melt and mix - simple!"
These chocolate no bake cookies are another of my easy chocolate cookies. Just melt and mix - simple.
They are very chocolatey and the oats make them slightly chewy to eat. I list quick cooking oats in the ingredients and I do not recommend using rolled oats as they will be too hard to chew.
Although they are simple and there is no baking involved they are not a cookie I would make with young children. The reason being that when you simmer the milk, butter and sugar it becomes an extremely hot sugar syrup which can burn fingers easily.
Like all my chocolate recipes you will find my base recipe first then I list different ways in which you can simply make variations.
Please read through my chocolate no bake cookies recipe first before starting.
If you have any questions concerning imperial/metric conversions you will find the answers on my Baking Conversions page.
If you have any questions concerning baking terms used you will find the answers on my Baking Glossary page.
Chocolate No Bake Cookies Recipe
Makes approximately 36 cookies.
1/2 cup milk
50g butter, chopped
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
50g dark chocolate, choped
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick cooking oats
- Add the milk, butter, sugars, cocoa powder and chocolate to a medium sized saucpan.
- Stir over low heat until the sugars are dissolved and the chocolate melted.
- Bring to a gentle boil for 3 minutes.
- Stir through the peanut butter and oats.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Do not do this with your fingers as the mix will be very hot and care must be taken.
- Leave to set. If you are in a hurry then this can be done quickly in the fridge.
This mix can also be spread into a slice pan then cut into squares or bars when it has set. I recommend that you chill it first as it will cut more easily that way.
If you want the chocolate no bake cookies to have a more professional look then press the mix using the back of a spoon into silicon muffin pans or greased cupcake trays. Set in the fridge and either push or tap out.
I have pressed the cookie mix into a heart shaped slicon muffin mould for these cookies in the photo.
No bake chocolate cookie variations
- Coconut - Use 2 1/2 cups of the oats and 1/2 cup flaked or dessicated coconut. You can also sprinkle a little bit ontop of the cookies before they set.
- Chocolate Chip - Press your favourite chocolate chips into the top of the cookies before they set. Do not add the chocolate chips to the mix as it is warm and they will melt.
- Almond - Use 2 1/2 cups of the oats and 1/2 cup of chopped flaked almonds that have been lightly toasted. You can use any of your favourite nuts - just make sure you chop them to a similar size as the oats.
- Peanut Allergy - If anyone you know has a peanut allergy then use 1/4 cup of chocolate hazelnut spread instead of the peanut butter.
Do you love chocolate?