Peanut Butter Brownies
"Smooth or crunchy, you choose ..."
My peanut butter brownies recipe follows in the tradition of inspired by chocolate and cakes.
My aim has been to give you a chocolate brownie recipe that you know works then show you how you can use it to make endless variations.
Well this is another delicious fudge brownie for you to make. If you have not seen my other variations of chocolate brownies take a quick peek here to see how versatile this easy brownie recipe really is.
One thing that I do that is different to others is that I bake my chocolate brownies in muffin or patty cake pans. The reason I do this is:
- my brownies are so filled with goodies that they are impossible to cut cleanly.
- it gives me even portions.
- and if I also use paper liners it is impossible for them to stick.
- it improves their presentation especially if they are for a gift.
Please read through the recipe for peanut butter brownies first before starting.
If you have any questions concerning imperial/metric conversions you will find the answers on my Baking Conversions page.
If you have any questions concerning baking terms used you will find the answers on my Baking Glossary page.
Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
Makes 24 brownies
I have used two patty cake pans with a 1/4 cup (water) capacity. Generously spray with non-stick baking spray or line with paper cases. Larger muffin pans can be used just be aware that you will make less brownies and need to bake them a little longer.
125g butter, chopped
250g dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs, lightly beaten,
1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy you choose
The oven should be preheated to 160C (325F)
- In a medium size microwave safe bowl heat the chopped butter and dark chocolate on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until blended. You may need a further 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly so that you do not cook the eggs when you add them.
- Add the brown sugar and the beaten eggs. Stir through.
- Add the sifted flour, chocolate chips and stir through until smooth.
- Using a small spoon dot small amounts of the peanut butter evenly across the surface of the brownie batter.
- Fold through the peanut butter gently. Do not over mix you are not blending it into the batter just mixing enough to give a swirled effect.
- Divide the brownie batter evenly into the patty cake pans. Using a small icecream scoop makes this quick and easy.
- Bake in a preheated oven set to 160oC (325oF) for 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing to a cake rack to cool completely. If you have not use paper liners take great care, I usually use a flat knife to help lift them out.
- Store in an airtight container for one week. The brownies can be frozen for up to two months.
I hope you have been inspired by my chocolate peanut butter brownie recipe. Homemade brownies will never go out of fashion and imagine how impressed everyone will be when you say
"I Made them Myself!"