White Chocolate Brownies Recipe
This white chocolate brownies recipe follows in the tradition at Inspired by Chocolate and Cakes.
My aim is to give you a delicious easy brownie recipe then show you how you can use it to make endless variations. This recipe is infact a variation of my dark chocolate brownie recipe which has been very successful.
You will quickly see that these white chocolate brownie are over the top, filled with chocolate chips, nuts, fruits etc, but best of all they fulfil the needs of chocoholics and brownieoholics alike!
I had to put this recipe up due to all the requests from the white chocolate chocoholics out there and believe me there are quite a few!
Now if you are a brownieoholic and you have not yet discovered my chocolate brownie recipe then take a peek here this is where my brownie journey began.
One thing that I do that is different to others is that I bake my brownies in muffin or patty cake pans. The reason I do this is:
- my chocolate brownies are so filled with goodies that they are impossible to cut cleanly.
- it gives me even portions.
- and if I also use paper liners it is impossible for them to stick.
- it improves their presentation especially if they are for a gift.
Please be aware that due to the high sugar content of white chocolate it will colour during baking, so don't worry it is just caramalisation of the sugars.
Please read through my white chocolate brownies recipe first before starting.
If you have any questions concerning imperial/metric conversions you will find the answers on my Baking Conversions page.
If you have any questions concerning baking terms used you will find the answers on my Baking Glossary page.
White Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Makes 24 brownies
I have used two patty cake pans with a 1/4 cup (water) capacity. Generously spray with non-stick baking spray or line with paper cases. Larger muffin pans can be used just be aware that you will make less brownies and need to bake them a little longer.
125g butter, chopped
250g white chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs, lightly beaten,
1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
2 cups chocolate chips, see recipes below for other suggestions
The oven should be preheated to 160C (325F)
- In a medium size microwave safe bowl heat the chopped butter on high for 30 seconds. Stir then repeat for another 30 seconds, the butter should be melted. Add the white chocolate and heat for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir until blended. You may need a further 20 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly so that you do not cook the eggs when you add them.
- Add the brown sugar and the beaten eggs. Stir through.
- Add the sifted flour and stir through until smooth.
- Divide the brownie batter evenly into the patty cake pans. Using a small icecream scoop makes this quick and easy.
- Evenly divide the chocolate chips and press lightly into the top of the batter. Don't be suprised by how many there are I have been very generous but then again I really love rich chocolate brownies. The reason I do not mix the chocolate chips into the batter is that this way you can instantly see what type of brownie you are eating increasing their WOW! factor.
- Bake in a preheated oven set to 160C (325F) for 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing to a cake rack to cool completely. If you have not use paper liners take great care, I usually use a flat knife to help lift them out.
- Store in an airtight container for one week. The white chocolate brownies can be frozen for up to two months.
White Chocolate Nut Brownies
Include your favourite nuts in the chocolate brownie recipe base. I have made white chocolate walnut bronwies. Instead of using 2 cups of chocolate chips I used 2 cups of chopped walnuts. Macadamias, hazelnuts, pecans and almonds all work well. Even a mix of different nuts would work well.
White chocolate macadamia brownies are the perfect combination. Use 1 cup white chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped macadamias and in this case I gave them a quick dusting of icing sugar before serving.
Triple Chocolate Brownies, Chocolate Chip Brownies or Double Chocolate Brownies
This all depends on the combinations of the chocolate chips used. Just take 2 cups of chocolate chips and mix together in any combination of Milk, Dark and White chocolate chips and press lightly into the chocolate brownie recipe batter.
If you do not have chocolate chips then just chop your favourite chocolate into a similar size and call them chocolate chunk brownies.
White Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
The sharpness of the raspberry together with the sweetness of the white chocolate is a real winner. You can include white chocolate chips as well but keep them to 1 cup. Then push frozen raspberries into the brownie batter. Push them well in to stop them drying out during baking. Then bake the same way as for the other white chocolate brownies.
Banana Chip White Chocolate Brownies
Another simple variation.
Just use 1 cup of your favourite chocolate chips and 1 cup of banana chips, roughly chopped.
Mix together in a bowl then push into the tops of the brownie batter.
Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipes
I hope you have been inspired by my white chocolate brownies. The variations are only limited by your imagination. Homemade brownies will never go out of fashion.
I also have a great dark chocolate brownie page that also has many variations of one base recipe.
For dark chocolate brownies click here.
Chocolate Brownie Icecream
Once you make brownie ice-cream I know it will not be the last time. This is my way and it is super easy. All I do is roughly chop my white chocolate brownies and stir them through softened iceream - easy. Now you can eat it straight away or put back in the freezer. Another thing I do is always have brownies stored in the freezer that way you can make this delicious icecream whe ever you like.
More White Chocolate Recipes
If it is white chocolate that you love then I have a whole section dedicated to white chocolate recipes. This makes them easy to find. You will find cookies, cakes, scones, strawberries ...
Discover delicious white chocolate recipes here.